Anduhyaun Read more [...]
At 1st Stop Woodlawn Shelter, we provide free shelter and supports to women 16 years of age and older who are homeless or in immediate crisis. We help women get out of crisis and move on to independence and safety. We offer 12 transitional beds for up to a two-year stay. The current languages spoken by YWCA Toronto staff include Mandarin, Polish, Hindi, Croatian, Slavian, Punjabi, and Urdu. Our diverse and vibrant community comprises of women born in Canada, immigrant women, women with addictions and/or mental health issues, women of colour, lesbians, and trans women.
Eligibility: women 16 years of age and older who are homeless or fleeing violence.
- Caring staff who help you obtain the services and supports you need
- Individual and group support programs
- Help with finding safe and affordable housing
- Help with job search or research into post-secondary programs
- Counselling (e.g. self-esteem, abuse, addictions, and mental health)
- Ongoing support after you leave the shelter